Catch basins stop functioning for many reasons, and the first step to determining a solution is accurately identifying the cause of failure.
Some common issues are:
- Slow drainage caused by a clog. A thorough cleaning may be all that is required.
- Small cracks, broken pavement, or broken grills. These can normally be repaired quickly and economically.
- A sunken or collapsed catch basis. This may require a complete rebuild.
- Serious damage to the surrounding pavement. Removal and replacement of the affected pavement is likely necessary.
- If the damage is extensive, resurfacing or repaving are options to explore.
- Problematic sloping of pavement near the basin. Milling work may be able to even out the angle.
Shamos Paving & Sealcoating can correctly identify the cause of your catch basin failure and provide a long-term solution that meets your specific needs.